These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Monday, August 23, 2010

Painting everything

It has been awhile since I've posted, but we've been kinda busy around here! The kids and I decided to do a little more painting in what will be Mallory's room in our other house. As you can see from the pictures below, I got ALOT of help with the paint from the kids!


Mallory brushed the back of her head against the wet paint, oblivious to the fact that it could get into her hair. Hmmmm you know what, we ended up going to church with a ponytail and the paint sort of hid itself. I couldn't get that stuff out of her hair for anything!

Dillon bent over in the closet of wet paint and touched the top of his head to the wall. This is after washing it around 4 times. Everyone in church asked him I was stressing him to gray hair these days. It just stands out soooooo much on that black head of hair.

I think we will be getting paint off of us for months to come. The painting has really just started in the house. We've really only gotten one room; 8 more to go including ceilings!

Our little Maggie stayed with us and watched us patiently as we worked. We haven't turned the power on yet down there, so it was pretty hot Saturday working inside that house! I don't think I had a stitch of dry clothing on. There were other photos of our eventful painting, but somehow I've deleted them.. Ooops!

This is a "new" cat that has appeared at our house. Mal has been dying for a cat for 2 years now. I bought some food for it, and we are having to coax him out of the woods, but since we've been feeding him, he's getting more used to us. I don't know where he came from, but Mal is one happy kid! She just loves this cat, and we still can't even pet him. He's really wild.


And this was how the weekend was finished off. I found this cake at Wal Mart in the frozen desserts section. Just pop it in the microwave and scoop some ice cream, and you've got yourself a DELICIOUS dessert! As you can see 2 certain people enjoyed it.....I won't name any of the guilty parties involved....




I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!