These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Thursday, June 17, 2010

What we've been up to


My mother in law and I picked peas the other afternoon at Jenkins Farm, after we had put up 150 ears of creamed sweet corn. It was so hot that morning while we were doing the corn, but God smiled down on us with and overcast sky with a little breeze while we picked the peas. Shane, myself and the kids shelled peas well into the night (the kids mostly tried if you know what I mean). I ended up going to bed only to wake to more to be shelled. We will enjoy them so much this winter along with that corn! It is well worth it; nothing beats fresh food from the garden!




Last night, Shane and I took Sally the horse to FBC in McLain for their Vacation Bible School. This year their theme was a western one, and they wanted to get the kids pictures made on a horse. It was so sweet to see the little ones get so excited about getting to see the horse. Although, there were a few that were completely scared of her. After they had their photos made Shane took them for a walk, so they could say they got to ride a horse. I think there were 50+ kids that attended last night. Sally did very good with the children, and thank goodness the horseflies stayed away!

This is my nephew Noah. He was a real cowboy and started all of the kids raising one arm and giving all of us picture takers a YEE-HAW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!