These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Monday, June 28, 2010

We made it

We attended the AKGA National Convention in Batesville, MS this past weekend, and boy what a trip. Yes, it was closer to home than most of our past goat excursions....but the kids changed the whole dynamics of it all!

I usually attend the seminars and try to soak up whatever new information I can, but this year I ended up trying to keep an eye on Dillon and Mallory......not an easy task. Shane and I have already decided that next year the kids will probably stay with one of their grandparents. They enjoyed the goat convention so much this is how they wanted to spend most of their time......


while watching this..





Dillon and Mallory stayed around Gulf South Kikos farm display table most of the time because Mr. Jesse and Ms. Jane Beech had all sorts of goodies. I had a small cooler of drinks for them, but of course they didn't want what we had. Thank you to the Beech's for letting our kids raid your coolers! We will send them down to work on your farm to repay you....Just kidding!

I hope we will be able to take the kids on a trip that they will truly enjoy. I planned on taking them to Gulf Shores, AL; but it seems the oil spill has ruined chances of that...The news this morning said that our coast has had tar balls and tar patties washing ashore. So there goes the idea of taking them to play in the sand on our beaches. I'm beginning to wonder if they are ever going to get that leak stopped. Hopefully they will soon, but I think the recovery is going to take a long time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!