These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer fun

We are already off to a great summer! Dillon and Mallory have had a few slumber parties in the living room, swam in the pool A LOT, slept in late, etc.

I babysat my best friend's daughter the other day and Mallory had a great time playing with her! Of course, they had to play dress up in all of the princess costumes. I did their nails for them. Dillon watched cartoons while lounging on his couch. They also swam that day and got super tired. After PB&J sandwhiches they had a renewed energy!





Saturday Shane and I woke up at 5 am to go horseback riding. I finally rode Sonny all by myself. He did good. We rode down a dirt road to see what was down it, probably the best thing was the power line clear cuts (I guess that is what you would call it) and we also rode down fire lanes that the Forrestry Service has plowed. I think in all we rode for two hours. It was very enjoyable to get to spend some time with my husband. We don't get to spend a lot of time just the two of us very often.

Later that day, we went to a family reunion. It was for Shane's grandmother's side of the family, the McMahan's. It was very nice. It seems like we just get too busy these days to take a little time to sit around and visit. We stayed for several hours and really enjoyed ourselves. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins in the sand. They have already planned next year's reunion to be somewhere near Pascagoula. I am looking forward to what the rest of the summer has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!