These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Saturday, October 2, 2010

What We Did For Fun Today

After working on our house remodeling, Shane had some extra time to spend with the kids this afternoon.  This is how the afternoon was spent.....Riding in the old feed trough while being pulled by the Kawasaki mule.  The kids had a blast!
Dillon showing his Daredevil tricks

Mallory holding on tight





Even Nana and I got in the "sled" (as Noah called it)  while riding around to check on the cows.  The kids enjoyed the grown ups playing around with them too (this grown up enjoyed it twice as much!) 

You can see from the pictures that it is all brown looking around here.  We haven't had any rain for about a month and a half.  The kids ate dust while being pulled around.  They had to have a good bath after their afternoon of fun.  They probably will sleep well.  I've never heard so much laughter!  You would've thought we took them to the fair, or amusement park.....Who knew you could improvise and still have fun down on the farm......We sure can!

1 comment:

  1. Hey ya'll. I love this. No amusement park anywhere can compete. It makes me remember using the top of a worn out little red wagon (took wheels off) and using it to slide down the fall leaves on a big high hill in Hintonville where I grew up. I remember that like it was yesterday, and your kids will always remember this fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!