These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day gift


My Mother's Day gift this year is a horse....if he works out for us, that is. Shane got this horse from Mr. Shows who raises registered Tennessee Walking Horses in Petal, MS. This horse is a gelding that is 5 years old, and had never been ridden. He had an injury right after Hurricane Katrina which ended up cutting a ligament in his left leg. Mr. Shows said that "Sonny" was a gentle horse and that he has been handled by his grandchildren since he was a colt. So far, Shane has saddled him up and taken him for several training sessions. He is very good natured, but I was so nervous when I got on his back, that I haven't officially rode him yet. I am to fearful of him raring up or something else totally unpredictable. I'm new to horses, so it is going to take some time. I know that the animals sense fear and anxiousness so I will have to work on that. I do love horses though! I just love the way they smell! I can't wait for Shane and I to go horseback riding together....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!