These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thirty....Gasp!!!

Since my last post, I had a birthday......My 30th birthday that is.  I have dreaded this one all year long.  But when the day rolled around, I looked at in in another perspective.  No I may not be a 20-something anymore, but God has blessed me with another year to be with my family.  I have always thought of 30 as being "old" and no longer "young and fresh."  Yep, that was just my naively 20-something self thinking!  My 20's were filled with college, getting married, new career, 2 babies,  and I can't wait to see what my 30's hold for me.  Our youngest will be starting kindergarten next year, so who knows what my next chapter will contain.  So for now, 30 isn't looking all that bad anymore. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley...
    well, Happy Birthday!

    I know what you mean....it is always the birthdays that start the new decade that I dread the most! Once you get into those years, though, it is a lot easier to deal with.

    I hope you had a great birthday! 30 is almost as important as 21!!!

    take care!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!