These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Thursday, March 24, 2011

What we've been up to

Shane bought another horse last week.  Her name is Dixie and she is also a Tennessee Walker like one of our other horses, Sonny.  She is beautiful!   She is quite spooked by everything around here: birds, rabbits, shadows.  Maybe she'll get used to those things soon.  Shane and Mallory took a quick ride yesterday afternoon. 

 
Baseball season is here!  Dillon's team has been practicing a lot to get ready for opening day.  It looks like it is going to be another busy baseball year.  Some of the other players have younger siblings, so it's a good thing for Mallory this year.  She has all sorts of friends to play with during his game.  She isn't too interested in sitting for too long to watch a game. 

 


Spring not only brought us 70 kids (goats) but it also has been bringing us calves too.  Mallory and I tagged along with Shane while he tagged the new calves ears. I get nervous everytime he does this.  Those momma cows don't play around when you mess with their babies.  They will let out a call to the whole herd, and you better watch out.  You can get taken down pretty easy.  Shane does it so calmly.  I think I would fall out as soon as Mrs. Cow blows at me while shaking her head.  Yep, I don't think this is  a  job I will ever do.  Sorry honey, this is all you!


Stay calm, and all will be ok (fingers crossed)

Hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I heard news that baseball practice starts up here this week. Dang! We don't mention that word around here because I have no clue how we would get the girls to practices and games with planting going on. They like soccer so far, and that is in the early fall, so we usually can manage that!

    So true about those momma cows. I used to have city friends who would come down to the farm where I grew up and chase the calves. I would sit on the fence and just watch, shaking my head. I tried to tell them, but they never did listen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!