These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing

This is what we had for supper last night......I decided why wait until the holidays to make this dish! It was delicioso! I found this recipe in a Southern Living cookbook I bought several years ago, and have made this dish for the past 3 years at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is so easy to make.

Ingredients:
4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
6 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread (not the sweet version)
8 firm white bread slices, torn into pieces
2 (14 -ounce) cans chicken broth
2 (10 3/4-ounce ) cans cream of chicken soup
1 medium onion, chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp. ground sage
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened

Combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 5 quart round slow cooker. Dot evenly with butter. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or on LOW 7 hours or until set. Stir well before serving.

(Sorry so late to post this.....We had a power outage last night....That kind of stuff is always happening around here. We also had no water during the day yesterday for a few hours. ahhhh the joys of living in the country! I wouldn't trade it though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!