These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Saving some green!

I stumbled onto a coupon blog, and it inspired me to try using coupons to save some green around here. I have read up on many sites on how to use coupons correctly (I was amazed at how much I didn't know about them). So I am really excited to show you this deal I got yesterday at Walgreen's.

I got 4 sticks of deodorant, tube of toothpaste, and 2 bottles of dishwashing liquid for $2.16. With their sale prices and with me using coupons I have saved and some I printed off of the internet, caused me to save A LOT! I believe it's worth stocking up on the deodorant when you can get it for $0.50 a stick. I think I ended up having $0.49 in the tube of toothpaste....I am super excited about learning more on saving by using coupons. Take a look below at my stock I'm starting to work on in my utility room.....
Got a great deal on the cereal. It doesn't expire until July 2011. I think the kids can manage to eat this cereal by next summer.

Taco Bell dinner kits ended up being $0.62 cents a piece, so I got a few. Hamburger Helper was $0.67 per box. Dillon insisted that I go ahead and cut out the box tops for education for his school project. That's why there are holes in the boxes.
We won't be needing soup for a while either! I'm definitely stocked up on it. While stocking up on all of these items, I haven't went over on my grocery budget. I'm sure my budget will get better and better each month by having to buy less and less due to having a stock already in the pantry. I hope to be able to keep you up to date on how the couponing is going. It's relatively easy, it just takes a little organization (something I am not the best at), so if I can do it, you can too!
I never shopped at our local Winn Dixie, but when they have their buy one get one free sales, I save SOOO much when I pair them with coupons. It is the best way to go!
Here are some blogs I have read to help in my couponing endeavor:
Check out them out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!

    Stop by my blog today and especially tomorrow to join in on the very first Real Farmwives! We are pulling together a bunch of mostly Hoosier Farmgirls to chat about how we ended up on the farm.
    www.walkingtheoff-beatenpath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!