These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Friday, December 10, 2010

Waiting for 30 degrees

I have decided to go ahead and make a post this morning while I wait for the temperature to get at least 30 degrees before I do my morning chores.  I have to go out and get hay out for the calves and goats.  I plan on putting on Shane's insulated coveralls to try to keep warm.  He has been out of town for a couple of days, so I have been giving him report on the farm every night.  He told me to go ahead and get another bale of hay and put some out since the temps are still so cold.  I went out after dark last night with my spotlight and the calves had eaten all of their hay.  We have had a hard freeze for several nights now, which usually isn't very typical for us down south.  This is why we aren't having our goats kidding in December again this year. 

Yesterday Dillon had his last 4 teeth pulled of the 7 that had to be pulled out before we start with orthodontic work.  He was such a trooper.  I told him to let me get a picture with all of those teeth missing so we could remember what he looked like years from now. 


I was amazed that we were referred to an orthodontist at such a young age, but it seems like they are trying to get ahead of any issues that will arise down the road, and could possible prevent getting full braces later on. He will have to have braces on 4 teeth. His top 2 front teeth hit right behind his 2 bottom front teeth. They are going to put the appliances on the pull those teeth forward to prevent him from doing any damage to his permanent teeth. His baby teeth were worn down to the gums by the time he was in Kindergarten. Now, we are finding out that it was because of his "under bite" that his teeth were worn down.   Hopefully all of this will prevent any damage to his permanent teeth.
Of course, Miss Mallory had to have her picture taken too.  We definitely don't want to leave her out!  Little Miss Sassy!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you hit 30! We had those temps yesterday, but right this minute are pretty much smack in the middle of a blizzard! So glad we made it home ahead of the weather! LOVED our weekend in the big city!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!