These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Randomness....

I'm really needing to fold some laundry right now, but I keep coming back and staring at it.  It's almost like I'm hoping it will fold itself.....knowing it's not going to happen.  Doesn't hurt to have wishful thinking!


Would it be possible for me to go back to work, and still be a stay-at-home-mom?  I'm really struggling with this concept.  I love staying at home with my kiddos.............................................................................................................................  As I sit here and type this, I realize that I am going to stay right where I'm at....Too funny, when you sit down and really think about it, the answer comes to you loud and clear.  When I became a nurse, I wanted to be able to help those that were sick and comfort them....That's exactly what you do as a mom.  Nursing, on the other hand, isn't so much of that...You are piled down with so much responsibility that you can't take the time to give that kind of care.  My first job was at a nursing home....You are assigned 30 patients to be under your care for that shift.  Ridiculous!  I came fresh out of school and had a rude awakening!  It is a shame that utter greed has taken over those facilities.  No one is concerned about giving those patients more one on one care....Just the money........Same in a doctor's office.  When I worked there, appointments were scheduled for every 5 minutes.  What kind of care can you get in 5 minute allotments?  Okay, so I'll just stop there.

Staying at home and taking care of my family and farm, is what I believe I'll be doing.....God blessed me with a gift of  compassion and care-giving and I think this is where it should be used.....  Thanks for listening......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!