These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Vacation Bible School



Our church just wrapped up VBS last night with the kids program. It was great! Dillon overcame his stagefright and performed the song and dance with such ease....Mallory got up there with her class and did the song, while appearing very timid. It has become a tradition every year on VBS family/program night, they get a roasted pig. I just can't bring myself to grab a piece of meat from that thing sprawled out on the counter! I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't like looking at the animal while I'm grabbing a piece of meat. I prefer it to be presented on a plate already disassembled (if that's what you'd call it) Everyone said that it was delicious....Who knows maybe next year I will give it a try....

Each year there is always a friendly competition to see who can raise the most money out of the boys and girls to go towards missions. It's always a riot, because the kids really get into bringing any spare change they can get their hands on to beat the others. The competition had a little twist this year. Bro. Phil said he would eat a bug if the girls won and his wife Ms. Rhetta was to eat a bug if the boys won.... The girls won this year (there were only 3 boys that attended VBS this year).....Go girls!! I tried to upload a video and seem to be having some issues. I will try sometime later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I really do love to hear from you!